Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Newsletter Update - November 12, 2019


Howdy Neighbor!
This Veteran's Day reminds me of my own service in the US Army and a profound lesson I took away from it. As soon as I turned 18 (more than a few years ago), I enlisted in the Army down at the recruiting station at Ruisseau Village, about a mile from our neighborhood, which is still in the same place today.
I was young and full of potential, but hungry for direction.
I went to Fort Sill, OK for basic training, Fort Sam Houston, TX for combat medic training, and Fort Benning, GA for airborne school. I learned and grew a lot in those short six months of training, but a message that stuck with me was a motto I saw painted on a building along the way - service above self.  
Service is about the common good and having the humility to value the rest of your fellow humans. So, as we honor the service of those in uniform, I encourage you to honor the service of yourself and all of those you have had the good fortune to witness serving others. Meaningful service does not require a uniform, it just requires the commitment that we are in this together and when we help others we make the world better for everyone.
Thank you for what you do for others.
- Michael J Casavant, CENA President

The budget front: We skipped our Summer newsletter and our Treasurer, John Redus, will have to start dipping into our emergency reserve now. If you have not chipped in this year, please consider doing so; if you are unsure as to how much, we suggest $120. As always, the choice is yours.

Can you help us out?

Thank you for your kind consideration and being a good neighbor.

Your neighbors, the CENA Board (creekbendestatesplano@gmail.com)

P.S: Please join us on NextDoor.com, just drop us a note via creekbendestatesplano.blogspot.com

How to Donate

  • Online: Please use our PayPal form at creekbendestatesplano.blogspot.com
  • Check: Please drop us a note for information on how to pay by check